Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today in food

I mean today, literally, and food as in the last hour.  Ashmead kernel apples at the coop,  I'm accepting it may no longer be summer.  I think I've seen the last of the peppers and tomatoes from the farm.  Delicious pomegranates, though, nice soft seeds.  I sprinkled them on cinnamon-spiced waffles topped with our-own-pears-from-a-volunteer-tree and apricot jam.  I also have pomegranate juice to mix with nice bubbly water.  Or nice bubbly bubbly.
For food fun, I took some cold milk and Ovaltine and blended them in my Blendtec until so hot (by friction with the speedy blades) that it to be cooled off before drinking.  I linked to the model I have, but there are others.
Camille (chezwhat jr.) wants some more.  Hot Ovaltine, not more blenders.  We have enough.  Enough blenders, not enough Ovaltine.




No comments:

Post a Comment